Saturday, April 14, 2007

Garam Machi


I usually will only eat fish at a restaurant. That's because I'm not very good at preparing fish at home. Either it's undercooked or overcooked, but never quite right. But I think I've finally fixed that problem. I made this dish last night for dinner and it was pretty good. I served it with Muju's zucchini.

Garam Machi
Serves 2

1 T finely chopped cilantro
1/2 T finely chopped shallots
1 tsp olive oil
1/4 tsp. ground cumin
1/4 tsp. ground coriander
1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp. finely minced garlic
Salt and Pepper to taste
2 6-ounce cold fillets

Combine the first 8 ingredients (cilantro through salt & pepper) in a small bowl, stirring to form a paste. Place cod fillets in a shallow baking dish and coat the top of the fish with the cilantro mixture. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Arrange fish on the rack of a roasting pan coated with cooking spray, and place rack in pan. Bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with fork.

(Recipe adapted from Cooking Light)

No comments: