Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Burned Scallops and Tasty Tamarind Sauce

I had these grand plans to make Cumin Scented Scallops with a Spicy Tamarind Sauce, but unfortunately, I couldn’t. You want to know why? I’ll tell you why – it’s because I can’t sear anything!! The scallops turned black within a couple of minutes – it was a disaster!! Anyways, I did make the sauce (before I burned the poor scallops), which was quite yummy. You can serve the sauce with fish or chicken. The recipe is below.

Spicy Tamarind Sauce

½ T tamarind paste
3 tablespoons water
2 T chopped onion
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
1 serrano pepper, chopped
1 garlic clove

Combine all ingredients in a blender, and process until smooth.
Yield: 1/2 cup (serving size: 1 tablespoon)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Scallops sold at the supermarkets are usually soaked in low density brine to give them a uniform look or the “hockey puck” look. When searing, scallops release this brine water and as such you end up steaming rather than searing them. The trick is to sear one side and then take them out and allow the water to drain before you put them back in the pan with the raw side down. Max you sear for two minutes. Good luck.

FZQ said...

Thanks for the tip. I'll have to try it again next week. Hopefully, I can do it and then post the recipe.

yanmaneee said...

kyrie 6 shoes
kd 10
supreme new york
off white shoes
hogan outlet online
air jordan
cheap jordans
chrome hearts outlet
calvin klein underwear
coach outlet

theemees said...

Discover More Here visit the site my explanation This Site blog here useful content