Monday, March 19, 2007

Muju's Okra (or Zucchini)



My aunt up in Baltimore made this dish for me and my mom when we visited, but she used zucchini instead. Needless to say, the dish was fantastic and that's why I wanted to put it on the website. Except I didn't have any zucchini, only okra. It worked just as well.

Muju's Okra (or Zucchini)

1 lb. fresh cut okra or zucchini (can use frozen cut as well)
1/4 cup olive oil
1 medium onion, thinly sliced
1/4 tsp. turmeric
1 tsp. cayenne pepper
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. ginger, minced
1/2 tsp. garlic, minced

In a pot, heat the oil; then add the onions, turmeric, cayenne pepper, salt, ginger, and garlic. Mix well for about 7 minutes, until the onion soften. Add the okra or zucchini. Cook for another 10-15 minutes - stirring often. Serve with naan or basmati rice.

1 comment:

Tyreese said...

Great blog you haave