In the past few years, my mom has become quite an amazing cook. This recipe comes from her extensive repertoire of delicious foods.
Mom's Black Pepper Chicken
1 whole cut up chicken (2 lbs)
1 tsp. garlic, minced
1 tsp. ginger, minced
2 T whole black pepper
4 T Olive oil
1 tsp. salt
2 tsp. ground black pepper
1.5 tsp white vinegar
1 medium onion, chopped
1 medium tomato, chopped
1. Wash chicken pieces and set aside.
2. Heat olive oil in large pan, and add onions. Sautee the onions until they become soft.
3. Add the chicken pieces, garlic, ginger, and whole black pepper.
4. Cook the chicken until it becomes lightly browned.
5. Add ground pepper, vinegar, tomato – sautee and simmer for 15-20 minutes until chicken is tender.
Serve with rice.