Needless to say, I wish I was in a warmer climate, eating tacos and sipping frozen drinks.
Instead, I'm sitting in a frigid climate, eating tacos and sipping frozen drinks...not bad.
Black Bean Tacos with Guacamole
Black Bean Tacos
1 15.5 oz can of black beans
1 T olive or vegetable oil
1 small onion, diced
1/2 red or green bell pepper, diced
1 medium tomato, chopped
1/4 tsp. cumin
1/4 tsp. chili powder
1/4 tsp. salt
4-6 hard shell tacos, or flour or corn tortillas
For taco fixings:
Shredded cheddar cheese
Any kind of salsa
1. In a medium sized pot, heat the oil on medium-high heat.
2. Add the onions and sautee until they are soft.
3. Add the black beans, bell pepper, tomato, cumin, chili powder and salt. Mix well and allow to simmer for 10-15 minutes on medium heat.
4. While the beans are simmering, heat the hard tacos per the directions on the box. If using flour or corn tortillas, heat for 2-3 minutes in a 425 degree oven.
5. When the beans are done, place a heaping spoonful of beans in the taco shell or tortilla first, then add your choice of fixings, and then add the guacamole last.
1 avocado, ripe
1 T diced onion
1 T diced tomato
1 tsp. diced jalapeno pepper (optional)
1 tsp. fresh lemon juice
1 T chopped fresh cilantro
¼ tsp salt
Remove the flesh of the avocado and place it in a small bowl. Mash the avocado with a fork. Add the rest of the ingredients into the bowl and mix well. Don’t make the avocado smooth – leave it a little chunky, it tastes better that way.