Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Moroccan Spice Rub



The other day I was going through my magazine rack, full of old Food and Wine magazines. I decided to peruse each one of the magazines for any recipes before I tossed them in the recycling bin. To my surprise, I actually found a handful of recipes that I would actually make. I say only a handful because, honestly, Food and Wine recipes are to high-falutin' for me.

This recipe is for a Moroccan Spice Rub. According to Food and Wine, the best uses for this spice rub are on beef, chicken, pork, and lamb. I tried it on some skirt steak, and I highly recommend it.



Moroccan Spice Rub
Makes about 1/3 cup

1 T ground coriander
1 T ground cumin
1 T ground chile powder
1 T light brown sugar
1 1/2 tsp kosher salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp caraway seeds, crushed
1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper

In a small bowl, combine all of the ingredients, pressing out any lumps of brown sugar.

Enjoy!

9 comments:

FZQ said...

Thanks CresceNet! I appreciate your comments. I'll have to check out your blog.

Katy said...

Brown sugar!!! That one I wouldn't have guessed, but it makes sense, now that I think about it. I will definitely be trying this combination!

PG said...

Interesting sounding rub. I've added it to my favorites to try it at some point. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

...please where can I buy a unicorn?

Anonymous said...

...please where can I buy a unicorn?

Anonymous said...

Nice story you got here. I'd like to read a bit more concerning that topic. Thank you for posting this data.

Anonymous said...

Rather cool site you've got here. Thanx for it. I like such themes and anything that is connected to this matter. I definitely want to read a bit more on that blog soon.

Avril Benedict

yanmaneee said...

hermes
jordan 6
nike shox
cheap jordans
jordan shoes
lebron 17 shoes
yeezy
moncler
air max 270
michael kors outlet

Unknown said...

click this link here now review have a peek at this site Dolabuy Balenciaga important site Fendi Dolabuy