Wednesday, January 24, 2007

WAH Day

Tuesdays are my work-at-home days. This would, theoretically, allow me to spend more than a half-hour preparing dinner, since there is no commute time to contend with or any real fatigue resulting from a long day at the office. So, instead of boiling up some pasta and having that for dinner, I could, theoretically of course, roast a tenderloin, or something of the sort. Well, yesterday I worked at home, and this is what I made….



I know…I know…but at least I made my own sauce. I could lie and say that the sauce took a couple of hours to make, but it really only took 20 minutes.

My cousin’s former nanny taught me this oh-so-simple sauce recipe. I did tweak it, of course, since the one she made was for two toddlers – hence, no real seasoning. Anyways, I figured I should give credit where it is due – so, thanks Lydia (wherever you are).

Oh-So Simple Pasta Sauce
Serves 2

2 T olive oil
12 oz. or 1 small carton grape tomatoes – sliced in half
2 cloves garlic, pressed
Crushed red pepper (optional)
Fresh torn basil
Fresh torn parsley
Salt and pepper to taste

1. Heat olive oil in medium-sized sauce pan on medium-high heat.
2. Add garlic and cook until it is golden, but not brown or black (that is bad). Then, add the tomatoes. Let them cook down. It should take about 5-7 minutes. Keep stirring during this time. 3. Add crushed red pepper. Stir.
4. Add parsley and basil and salt and pepper to taste.
5. Serve over any kind of pasta you want (I prefer spaghetti – the sauce sticks better).




* By the way, if you notice from the pasta picture above, I added chicken to the pasta. It was just some leftover cooked chicken, but it tasted yummy.

No comments: