Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Zucchini Chips



First things first, the chicken in this photo is what is NOT important. It was very so-so, so I'm not going to even bother with the recipe. The zucchini chips on the other hand, were awesome. I'm not a big fan of zucchini, but I know that it's in season and is healthy, so I thought I would give it a shot. I tried to experiment with panko (Japanese bread crumbs) here, but they weren't as good as your regular bread crumbs. Also, I would wager a bet that if you have kids, the zucchini chips are a great way to have them eat veggies.

Zucchini Chips

1 medium sized zucchini, sliced into 1/2 inch pieces
1/2 cup dried bread crumbs
1/2 cup parmesan cheese
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. black pepper
1 tsp. dried basil
1 tsp. dried oregano
1 egg white

Preheat oven to 475.

Mix the bread crumbs, cheese, salt, pepper, basil, and oregano in a small bowl. In a separate bowl, beat your egg white. Dip each zucchini slice in the egg white and then dredge it in the bread crumb mixture and place on a non-stick baking sheet. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes, turning once.

Enjoy!

No comments: